Customer orientation is one of the key components of our success. Our team at Rudolf Schäfer KG provides excellent individual service and expert advice to all owners in the areas of commercial and rental management as well as technical support & maintenance.
In order to be able to respond to inquiries from tenants even more quickly, we have put together a list of frequently asked questions and answers for you:
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Do you want to register for the RENTAL-NEWSLETTER or are you already a tenant and have questions on topics like contract changes or security deposits? You might find the right answer in the Q&A section below. If you did not find what you were looking for, please contact us using the contact form below. We will regularly add new questions and update this section.
You can sign up for the RENTAL-NEWSLETTER using the contact form in the following link. Here you can also specify your requirements, e.g. the rental price or the number of rooms.
For name changes after marriage, changes in bank details or similar requests please fill in the following form. Please note that you are not entitled to a change of contract with your inquiry. We will check your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you have the opportunity to inform us of your change requests:
Rudolf Schäfer KG
089 – 550 40 95
A rental agreement starts on the 1st or 16th of the respective month.
- We need a written cancellation notice, i.e. by post. You can also hand it in personally during office hours (Mon-Thurs 8 am – 12 noon and 1 pm – 5 pm). Please note that there is no outside mail box.
- For legal reasons we cannot accept cancellation notices by email or fax.
- The notice of cancellation must be signed by all tenants, who are listed in the contract at the time of termination.
- If a key has been lost or stolen, please report the loss immediately. In the event of theft, we recommend that you contact a police station nearby.
- To order a key, we need the following information by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (089 – 550 40 95):
- company of the key
- lock number
- key number
For example: Keso (company), 322222 (lock number), 18 (key number)
- When placing your order, please provide the following information for further inquiries:
- tenant number (if known)
- contact details (mail / phone)
- Applicants will have to bear the costs for additional keys.
- The deposit and accrued interest will be settled and released after the end of the rental period.
- As a rule, this is done within 6 to 8 weeks after the end of the rental period.
- Please note that billing may also take longer – a maximum of six months.
- Please note that a deposit may not be used as rental payment.
- Please note that a question about operating cost bills or similar questions do not constitute an emergency. In case of a real emergency, e.g. water damage, please contact your caretaker, so that he/she can make an initial assessment (contact details can be found in the stairwell).
- Please note that you will be held accountable for any extra costs that may be incurred should it not have been a real emergency.
Monday - Thursday
8 am – 12 noon and 1 pm – 5 pm
8 am – 1 pm
The rental offers you find on our website or our newsletter are free of commission for all tenants.
As a rule, tenants pay three net cold rents as a security deposit. The deposit is to be paid no later than the beginning of the rental contract. Commercial owners pay three gross rents including VAT as a deposit.
You will usually find a telephone number for queries on the date of the read-out of the reader. Please contact the reader and ask for a new date.
In case of a heating failure, please contact your caretaker (contact details to be found in the stairwell). If he/she cannot fix it, please contact the responsible heating service or the property management.
The sampling of the drinking water-carrying pipeline system to check for health-endangering germs – legionellae – is mandatory under EU law. For this purpose, a withdrawal valve has to be installed at the inlet and outlet of the boiler for
- boiler sizes of 400 litres and more
- a pipeline volume of more than three litres
- and for central heaters
In addition, a water sample in the apartments must be taken at the end of the supply line of the residential complex.